Pages

Friday 10 May 2019

Manufacture of a metal drill gauage



Drill Gauge Revision Blog.
Last term for tech we had to create a drill gauge during this process I learnt many different things such as finding what a micrometre and vernier are and how to use them appropriately

What I found hard while creating my drill gauge is getting all the drill hole with appropriate and even spacing in between each other. I overcame this problem by using an Engineers square, a scribe and a ruler to measure the distance between each gap.

Something that I have learnt on this topic is how to use a micrometre and a vernier calliper in the correct way to get accurate measurements.

 The tools we used are: Micrometer, Vernier Caliper, Engineer Square, Scribe, 300mm Rule, Centre Punch, Hammer and Odd Leg Calliper

MicrometreA micrometre is a tool used for the precise measurement of very small objects. A micrometre can measure the depth, length and thickness of whatever object fits between its anvil and spindle. How to use a micrometre video

Vernier: A Vernier calliper can be used to measure either the length of an object or depth of an object. The device consists of a main scale fitted with a jaw at one end and another jaw fitted with a vernier scale which moves over the main scale. How to use a vernier calliper video
Image result for how do you use a vernier
Engineer Square: A right angled piece of measuring equipment used to accurately measure right angles or straight lines.
Image result for engineer square Scribe: A scribe is a sharply tipped piece of equipment to mark out wood or metal to be cut.
Image result for scribe tool 300mm Rule: a specifically sized and marked sheet of stainless steel sheet used to measure perimeter and sizes of objects.
Image result for 300mm rule Centre punch: A sharp-tipped piece of metal used to create an indentation for while drilling the drill bit will not slip.
Image result for center punch tool Odd Legged Calliper: An odd legged calliper is a piece of equipment with a bent inward leg and a straight leg ending with a pointed tip used to scribe at a specified distance.
Image result for odd leg calliper
Heres A Video Of My Friend Explaining What He's Drilling Using A Press Drill.
He Was Drill A Piece Of 5mm(Depth) x 110mm(Length) x 50mm(Width)

Here Is My Own Design Of A Digital Design Of A Drill Gauge I Created On Tinkercad.


3 comments:

  1. I like your design I thought it was sort of cool how it is round. Use videos of yourself so I can have a good laugh. Overall I think you you did pretty good keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your design I thought it was sort of cool how it is round. Use videos of yourself so I can have a good laugh. Overall I think you you did pretty good keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey driaan thanks for the feedback i might decide to use a video of myself depending on situation.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.