Pages

Thursday 1 August 2019

Macbeth Questions and Answers


  1. Was Macbeth a valiant soldier or violent schemer at the beginning? He was a valiant soldier
  2. Has he completely lost it in the Banquet scene? (do you think the Ghost is real or imaginary?) It was imaginary and could also be a sign of grief or guilt.
  3. Why is he obsessed with killing Banquo? (oh yeah, and Fleance too) Because of Banquo being suspicious of Macbeth and how he became king.
  4. Explain his decision to murder Lady Macduff & children (increasingly erratic & illogical behaviour) He is worried that Macduff will take his place on the throne because of the witches saying beware Macduff, so he decides to kill Macduff's family thinking it will cause him to submit out of fear and grief.
  5. Is he nothing more than a “dead butcher” or do we the audience feel differently about him at the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.